Objectives of the MSME Academic Advising Sessions
- To provide guidance and direction for students with the purpose of leading students to graduation.
- To help students prepare their study plan by following the requirements of their respective curriculum for the upcoming semester.
- To enhance advisor-student relationship.
MSME Academic Advising Schedule
MSME Academic Advising is organized once a semester as scheduled below:
|Semester 1/20xx||Tentative Schedule|
|Appointment Period||Last 2 weeks of October|
|Academic Advising Period||November|
|Semester 2/20xx||Tentative Schedule|
|Appointment Period||Last 2 weeks of March|
|Academic Advising Period||April|
Responsibilities of Advisees
To complete the advising process, advisees should pursue the following steps:
- Check the advisor’s name and office by logging in to AU Spark.
- Contact and schedule an appointment with the advisor within the appointment period.
- Prepare a study plan before meeting the advisor.
- Meet the advisor as scheduled during the academic advising period.
- Get ready for the pre-registration period and the payment period as scheduled by Office of the Registrar.
Policy for Changing Advisors
Advisees are allowed to change their advisor. According to the policy, advisees must fill in the petition form in advance to request for advisor change with an acceptable reason and wait for an approval from the Director of MSME Academic Advising. The approval will be effective in the next academic advising period.