The following is an excerpt from the 1994 ABAC Academic Standards prepared by Rev. Bro. Dr. Prateep Martin Komolmas, then the President of Assumption University.
What It Is
ABAC or Assumption University is an academic community:
- characterized by a shared VISION, shared responsibility and mutual respect.
- committed to integral education of all students for a just and humane society.
Philosophy or What Assumption University Stands For
In loyalty to its Christian mission, ABAC stands from:
- the inculcation of respect for the three institutions of the nation: religion, country, and king; and a democratic way of life.
- the belief that a man justifies himself and his existence by the nobility of his work.
- the commitment to be a light that leads men towards the true source of all knowledge and life.
Objectives and Policies
Assumption University exists for the main purpose of serving the nation by providing scientific and humanistic knowledge, particularly in business education and management science through research and interdisciplinary approaches.
To this end it aims at forming intellectually competent graduates:
- who are morally sound, committed to acting justly, and open to further growth in all this
- who appreciate freedom of expression, imbibe right attitudes and ideologies through a carefully integrated curriculum of Ethics, Science, Languages and Business Management
- who achieve, academic excellence through hard work, analytical thinking, and effective decision making.